Monday, February 8, 2010

Staying on Schedule - Redeeming the Time

It's been quite some time since I have written on my blog, and quite a while since I’ve spent a substantial amount of time writing my book. It's so easy to get distracted and so hard staying on schedule! Last summer, the Lord specifically gave me Colossians 4:5, “Walk in wisdom towards those who are outside, redeeming the time.” I knew He was asking me to focus on what He has anointed and appointed me to do in this season; and that is to write my book.  His plan is to speak to those who do not know Him, and minister to those that do--through my book.  So in summary--get busy Daina!


First it was Christmas, then New Years, then my birthday, and then just one thing after another in life. Before you realize it, you are not staying on schedule. For me it's writing my book, and for you, well only you can know that, but it's probably something that means a lot to you and "time" just keeps slipping away and you still haven’t started it, much less finished it. It's so important to make good use of our time. Truly God waits on us more than we ever wait on Him. He has a plan and a purpose for our lives and staying on schedule and redeeming the time is so important.

Usually when I get distracted or pick up things that aren’t meant for me to do, I end up with a busy spirit. Being busy, for the most part is certainly not a bad thing, and most people would love to have the abundance of work that I have in this economy. However, by doing those things, I’m not accomplishing the task the Lord has asked me to do, because there’s no time. Scripture says, My yoke is easy and My burden is light, and that means, when we do what He calls us to, it’s not really work at all; but ministry, desire, destiny… It’s only then that we are truly fulfilled!

It's important for me to once again start staying on schedule and redeem the time. We all seem to think that we have plenty of time to achieve what the Lord has for us, but as of today, I believe that is foolish thinking. Look what happened in Haiti. The Lord did not say to Joshua, when you feel like it, I want you to cross the Jordan.  He said, "In three days, you will cross the Jordan."  God's timing is perfect.  So, I must stop spending so much time on unimportant things and do what the Lord is telling me to do. Write the book. Only then will I feel more refreshed, more invigorated and closer to the Holy Spirit; and only then will the rewards of staying on schedule and redeeming the time be mine.

I’m reminded that it’s almost Valentine’s Day and I want my love restored for writing – join me as I put down those things that steal my joy and make me tired; and pick up those things that bring true love back to my heart! Let’s start staying on schedule and redeeming the time for our blessings, and the blessings of others. Destiny, here we come!

Rev. Daina House
2/8/2010 – Eight meaning new beginnings!

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

As I read your blog the words of Abe Lincoln come to mind - "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I'll spend the first four sharpening the axe."
Honest Abe was referring to preparation, of course, as well as the use of time. For you, Rev. Daina, the 6 hours are getting the book finally published and the first 4 are writing it. I guess the other 2 are for the painful chore of editing! I'll be praying for you. Your book will make a significant testimony to the saving power of Christ. - Bob B.

February 8, 2010 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Rev. Daina House said...

Thanks Bob - you have the gifts of encouragement...

March 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home